Well here we are, Thanksgiving is over and advent just started...getting ready for Jesus' birthday. Here in the Mortimer household, we have started the decorations including the advent wreath, outdoor lights and Santa, and some of the indoor decorations. We plan to get our tree next weekend and finishing our decorations inside.
My PhD program has been challenging, but I have three more weeks and three papers left to accomplish, then I am off till January 24th.
Work has been exhausting, but the clinical group I have is doing well. I have to lecture for four hours next week and write exam questions and grade papers..the fun stuff!!!
DJ got his first report card, he past everything, but has his challenges each day. he was diagnosed with a vision problem and has started therapy. It is called accommodative infacility. He also has visual processing problems such as right/left awareness (like b and d, he gets them confused), visual processing speed, visual memory, and visual motor skills.
He has made a new friend, Daniel, and they have become best buds.
DJ is also doing ice hockey and wants to do indoor soccer. He started on Holy Name's team for ice hockey. They are a young team, I think there are only 2-3 5th graders and most of the team is new to ice hockey..but they have a great goalie!!! They had two games so far and lost both. I also signed him up for a developmental indoor soccer program, it starts next Sunday, so we shall see if he likes it, we may sign him up for spring outdoor soccer.
That is it for now..I would like to get some of my scrap books together...any ideas?
Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment